I Am College Bound/I Filed My FAFSA

I Am College Bound/I Filed My FAFSA

Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) is the first step toward getting federal aid for college, career school, or graduate school.

The U.S. Department of Education provides more than $150 billion in grants, work-study funds, and loans each year, but you have to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you can get any of that money. In addition, colleges use your FAFSA data to determine your eligibility for school aid, and some private scholarship providers may use your FAFSA information to determine whether you qualify for their aid. For additional information on filing the FAFSA, click here.

Beginning in November 2017 through January 2018, it is expected financial aid professionals from our state's colleges and universities will help high school seniors and their families complete the FAFSA at the following New Hampshire high schools:

  • Conant High School
  • Fall Mountain Regional High School
  • Keene High School
  • Mascenic High School
  • Nashua South High School
  • Newport High School
  • Raymond High School
  • Salem High School
  • Sanborn Regional High School
  • Stevens High School

Most of these events are done in a group setting, with families working independently to file the FAFSA with assistance from financial aid professionals as needed. In addition, FAFSA filing events will be held at every North Country high school as well.

We encourage you to sign up for a FAFSA filing event at a nearby high school or near your home. These FAFSA filing events are open to current high school seniors.

What to Bring to Your FAFSA Filing Event to Successfully Submit a FAFSA:

  • Completed 2016 Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ) and all W2 documents
  • Social Security Numbers and Birth Dates for parent(s) and student
  • FSA IDs (username and password) for one parent and student (click here to create an FSA ID)
  • Balance of Cash, Savings and Checking Accounts
  • Balance of Other Non-Retirement Assets and Second Property Equity Information
  • List of Colleges/Universities Applied to (or planning to apply to) by the student
  • Alien Registration Card (if appropriate)

Please contact the School Counseling office at a participating high school to register for a FAFSA filing event.

As always, The NHHEAF Network Organizations’ Center for College Planning assists families in filing the FAFSA everyday throughout the year. To schedule an appointment at our Concord campus or to ask a question about this important form, please call 888.747.2382, x119.